1. Collision rule: the runner must make every attempt to avoid a fielder. The fielder
cannot block the base path without possession of the ball.
2. Any pitcher who in the judgment of the umpire is unable to exercise reasonable
control to the extent that the safety of the batter may be in jeopardy must be removed
from pitching after two (2) batters are hit and awarded first base in one inning or three
(3) batters in one game.
3. There is a continuous batting order and free substitution. (All players must bat)
4. Each Pony player present must play three (3) complete innings, assuming the game is
not shortened by the slaughter rule or weather. A substitute must play three (3)
complete innings. Once the pitcher is removed from the game, he cannot return to the
5. If a batter, in the judgment of the umpire, unnecessarily tosses his/her bat, after
making contact and hits a player or umpire, then the batter will be out and no runner
will advance. The play will be dead. If the player makes no contact, the umpire will
issue a warning.
6. Prior to the first Monday in June, pitchers can pitch up to four (4) innings per game
and a maximum of ten (10) innings per week. For the purposes of determining when
a week begins and ends, the week starts on Monday at 12:01 AM and ends at 12:00
PM the following Sunday.
7. Starting the first Monday in June, pitchers can pitch up to seven (7) innings per game
and a maximum of ten (10) per week.
8. A pitcher pitching four (4) or more innings on the same calendar day will have forty
(40) hours rest before pitching again.
9. Prior to the first Monday in June, all pitchers will receive one (1) balk warning per
10. Pony games shall be seven (7) innings in length. When a game is tied at the end of
regulation length, it shall go into extra innings until a decision is reached or the
umpire calls the game. If a game is called for any reason, it shall be a complete game
if five innings have been completed, or if the home team has scored more runs in four
innings or four and a fraction innings, than the visiting team has scored in five
11. Bases will be at eighty (80) feet. The pitching plate will be 54 feet from the home