Player/ Team Definitions
1. Draftable - any registered player who qualifies as follows:
Played in FSBL during the prior spring season
2. Lottery Pick - any registered player who did not play the prior spring season in FSBL.
1. All team names from each division are placed in one hat while all Manager names from
that division are placed in a second hat. One team name and one Manager name will be
pulled from the hat together and that Manager will be assigned to that team for the
2. Once all of the teams have been assigned Managers, the draft order will be determined.
The numbers of teams for each division will be placed in a hat and each Manager will
pick one number. The number picked by each manager will determine the draft position
for each team in the first round of the draft. Draft positions are considered final and
cannot be traded.
3. The oldest age group within each division shall be drafted first, and the youngest age
group within each division shall be drafted second.
4. Prior to the start of the draft, all manager family members will be placed on his/her team
a. If the player(s) was a Raptor from the previous/current season in FSBL, he/she
will be that team's first round pick within the age group of that player. If more
than one player fits this category, then these players will be the first, second,
third, etc. round picks.
b. If the player(s) was a Hawk from the previous/current season in FSBL, he/she
will be that team's second round pick within the age group of that player. If
more than one player fits this category, then these players will be the first,
second, third, etc.
c. If a player plays on team outside FSBL, he/she will that be that team's second
round pick within the age group of that player. If more than one player fits this
category, then these players will be the first, second, third, etc.
d. If the player(s) was not a Hawk that played the previous season, he/she will be
the team's fourth round pick within the age group of that player. If more that
one player fits this category, and then these players will be fourth, fifth, sixth,
etc. round picks.
5. Once all of the manager family members have been placed on his/her teams and placed
into their corresponding rounds of the draft, then the draft will commence. Draftable
players from each age group within each division will be selected following a serpentine
draft order, i.e. 1, 2, 3, ...9, 10 in odd numbered rounds and 10, 9, 8, ... 2, 1 in even
numbered rounds. If a manager family member has already been inserted as that team's
pick for that round, then that team will skip over its pick for that round.
6. The draft will proceed until the pool of Draftable players of the oldest age group in the
division (12 year-olds for Bronco and 10 year-olds for Mustang) are not sufficient to
complete a full round in the draft. At that point, all Lottery Pick players will be chosen as
a. All team names from that division are placed in one hat and all Lottery Pick
players' names are placed in a second hat.
b. One team name and one Lottery Pick player's name will be pulled from each hat
and will be matched up until all of the Lottery Pick players are matched with a
7. After all Lottery Pick players are matched with a team, the draft will continue as follows:
a. Any team not assigned a Lottery Pick player will draft from the remaining
Draftable players until all teams have an equal number of players.
b. Any remaining Draftable players will be placed in the Draftable pool for the
younger age group in that division (11 year-olds for Bronco and 9 year-olds for
8. At this point, the draft for the younger players for each division will commence starting
with paragraph number 4 above. The draft order will be reversed from the older age
group. The draft will continue until all remaining Draftable and Lottery Pick players are
9. The draft is completed, trading will be allowed until the division player agent or board
member conducting the draft declares the draft final. All trades will be equal, one player
for one player, two for two etc. Any trades made outside of the draft will not be
10. The Vice President of Operations will assign late registrations by assigning the player to
teams per a lottery of teams needing players. Once all teams are full a waiting list will be